Wednesday, September 5, 2012

Lady Gaga's "Fame" is Black and a Little Terrifying

Hunter Communications recommended reading from:
Starpulse.com

Link to Article:
Lady Gaga Pushed Fragrance Industry Boundaries with 1st Black Perfume

Lady Gaga doesn't do things like other celebrities.  So when she decided on "Fame" as the concept for her new celebrity fragrance, the uniquely stylish singer insisted on a black liquid that would spray on completely clear and stain-free.  A tall order, and the design and development team at Coty Beauty were forced to invent a new, soon to be patented technology to capture "Fame" in a bottle.

Excerpt: "She tells Vogue magazine, 'I raised an eyebrow. I didn't really want to do it at first. But I wanted to create a fragrance that somebody who makes fragrances says, 'Well, how did they do that?' And of course, once it smelled so good everyone said, 'Can't we just make it clear so we don't have to explain to people that it won't get on your clothes?'

I said, 'No. The fragrance is called Fame; it must be black. It must smell enticing. You must want to lick and touch and feel it, but the look of it must terrify you.'

However, Gaga's innovative ideas caused headaches for the company's research and development team.  Yael Tuil, vice president of Coty Beauty's global marketing department, recalls, "I was pregnant at that time. I started to sweat on my forehead (when I heard the idea). I said, 'My God! That's impossible! How can we do that?'"

Gaga remained defiant and now Coty Beauty executives are in the process of patenting the technology to ban others from copying the remarkable achievement, and Tuil has credited the singer with encouraging them to think outside the box: "She was really behind the most important innovation in the fragrance industry in the last 20 years. She is really pushing boundaries."

No comments:

Post a Comment