Monday, July 22, 2013

Apple Investigating Electrocution via Charging Iphone

Thursday, July 11th, a Chinese woman rushed from her bathtub to pick up a call on her Iphone that was connected and charging.  When she was electrocuted on the spot, the incident set off a chain of questions and investigations that has Apple seeking answers to how and why anyone could die picking up a call on a charging mobile device.

Hunter Communications Original News Source:
The Independent UK

Link to article:
Excerpt: "Apple has confirmed that it will be investigating an accident in which a woman was killed, electrocuted whilst answering a call on her charging iPhone 5.

The incident occurred last Thursday when Ma Ailun, a 23-year-old woman who worked as a flight attendant for China Southern Airlines, answered the charging phone after just getting out of the bath.

The incident was tweeted by Ma’s sister after blogging the incident. She reported that her sister, who was planning her wedding on August 8, fell to the floor after picking up the call. The tweet was reposted more than 3,000 times and prompted arguments over whether Apple’s handsets were safe to use whilst charging.

A spokesperson for Apple China said: 'We are deeply saddened to learn of this tragic incident and offer our condolences to the Ma family. We will fully investigate and cooperate with authorities in this matter.'

No comments:

Post a Comment